- This event has passed.
2018 Sorghum Symposium
December 14, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST
The 2018 Sorghum Symposium is a farmer-focused educational program designed to provide information and resources to help farmers make confident, informed production and management decisions and they plan for next year’s growing season.
Program highlights include:
- Weather factors that could influence production- Al Dutcher, UNL Associate Geoscientist
- Sorghum production in Western Nebraska- Cody Creech, UNL Dryland Cropping Specialist
- Grazing Value of Sorghum/Cover Crops- Galen Erickson, UNL Animal Science
- National Sorghum Update- Perseverance & Payoffs- Cristi Stulp, NSP Relationship Manager
- Sorghum production and management- new traits- Scott Staggenborg, Vice Pres., R&D, Chromatin
- Managing Risk in Uncertain Times- Matt Stockton, UNL Extension
- Market Analyses and Demand Trends- Dennis Macafee, Ag West Commodities
- NeGSPA Annual Meeting- will include checkoff update and opportunity for public input
- Commercial Exhibits-Learn the latest!
- Certified Crop Advisor CEU’s have been applied for