Through our outreach efforts, OWCAP seeks to exchange knowledge and expertise with decision makers “on the ground”, prioritizing effective (and developing new) ways to help stakeholders learn and make use of sound, science-supported information and expert guidance on water conservation and water use efficiency.
Check back as we further develop this page with our outreach-related news and work on:
- Meeting stakeholders “where they are at” by sharing our project’s research through a range of communications strategies (in-person, print, digital, video/audio, webinars, etc.)
- Leading and supporting hands-on workshops and on-farm demonstrations to educate users on new decision support tools and best management practices for irrigation and cropping methods and technologies
- Integrating the expertise of producers to strengthen the credibility of Extension information
- Applying our project’s biophysical models to evaluate the impacts on groundwater of different cropping and policy scenarios relevant at the sub-regional/watershed (and possibly groundwater management district) level
- Developing a web-based one-stop shop “marketplace” to showcase ground-truthed and science-supported tools and practices
- Forums and summits: creating new opportunities for learning, exchange and engagement by bringing together diverse stakeholders to discuss key topics at the local, sub-regional, and aquifer-wide level