- This event has passed.
Irrigation show and education conference
November 6 - November 10
The conference has a terrific program including sessions led by some OWCAP colleagues and by colleagues with whom our project collaborates through USDA-ARS’s Ogallala Aquifer Program. For example:
USDA-ARS Ogallala Aquifer Program — Center Pivot Irrigation Technology Transfer Effort
Tuesday, Nov. 7, 9:00 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.
- Ogallala Aquifer Program Center Pivot Irrigation Effort, Freddie Ray Lamm, PhD, Kansas State University
- Discussion of Why Variable Rate Irrigation May Not Be Used to its Full Potential, Jake LaRue, Valmont Irrigation
- Evaluation of Variable Rate Irrigation in Humid Region, Ruixiu Sui, PhD, USDA-ARS
- Site Irrigation Management Using a Sensor-based Decision Support System, Manuel Alejandro Andrade, PhD, USDA-ARS
- Remote Sensing for Variable Rate Irrigation Management, Kenneth Stone, PhD, USDA-ARS
- CWSI Related to Plant-available Water & Root Distribution, Steven R. Evett, PhD, USDA-ARS
- Dashboard for Irrigation Efficiency Management (DIEM), James Bordovsky, Texas A&M AgriLife Research
- Water Use & Management of Center Pivot Drip Irrigation Systems, Charles Swanson, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
- Erraticity of Sprinkler-irrigated Corn Under Drought, Freddie Ray Lamm, PhD, Kansas State University
Improving Agricultural Irrigation Scheduling & Management
Wednesday, Nov. 8, 8:00 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.
- Water Conservation & Fertilizer Use BMPs vs. Conventional Growing Practices in Corn: A Two-year Overview, Maria Isabel Zamora Re, University of Florida
- STAMP Decision Tool for Agronomic Crops in Louisiana, Stacia Davis, PhD, Louisiana State University AgCenter
- Quantifying Crop Water Requirements in the Mississippi Delta Using an Energy Balance Approach, Saseendran S. Anapalli, PhD, USDA-ARS
- Crop Growth Insect Model Used in Field Experiments Design, Theodore Sammis, PhD, New Mexico State University
- Optimizing Irrigation Scheduling With Limited Water Using the iCrop Decision Support Tool, Isaya Kisekka, PhD, Kansas State University
- Injectable Co-polymers: A Tool for Soil Moisture Management, Glen Obear, Exacto
- In-stream Wetland: Wastewater Treatment Technology in Egypt, Abdelmoneim Mohamed, PhD, Washington State University
- Strategies for Taro (Colocasia Esculenta) Irrigation, Gustavo H.S. Vieira, IFES Campus Santa Teresa, Brazil
- Irrigation Technology Utilization: A Case of Central Uganda, Teddy Kizza, National Agricultural Research Organization, Mukono Zonal Agricultural Research & Development Institute
Click here for the full conference brochure.